Thursday, September 18, 2008

Comic Sans: It's Never Ok.

I fully support this movement- the ban comic sans movement, that is. I don't necessarily hate the font comic sans, I just think it is incredibly ugly (and by ugly I mean repulsive). In the 7th grade, one of my teachers insisted on typing EVERYTHING in comic sans, claiming that this font was the best because it was the most creative. Quite honestly, there is nothing creative about it- unless of course, you collect beanie babies or fast food coupons. Let's take a look at a few reasons why you should never use this awful font.

Reason #1: A Hardees fast food (similar to Arbys, but not. (?)) customer appreciation survey written in, of course, comic sans = It is a fast food favorite.

Photobucket

Reason #2: Interesting, a fun bus tour to Yosemite = It is vile, and bad for tourism. Would you want to ride on this bus? Neither would I.

Photobucket

Reason #3: The Declaration of Independence OFFENSIVELY written in comic sans = It makes everything look stupid.
Photobucket

Reason #4: Authentic Indian cuisine... probably not so authentic = It is bad for the digestive track and will probably give you shingles.

Photobucket

Reason #5: A very fine award certificate = It will cause addictions and alcoholism.

Photobucket

Reason #6: A pro-life campaign advertisement crafted in Wisconsin = If you use comic sans, you are probably from Wisconsin, will probably have a horrible spring break, and will probably never be taken seriously on any of your political opinions. (Honestly WHAT were they thinking with this one?)

Photobucket

The bottom line is, when you use comic sans, you are only hurting the people you care about most. Additionally, if comic sans were a person, he would probably be a pedophile, and live in his parent's basement at age 42. Is this really the message you want to send to your friends and family? Let's hope not.

1 comment:

emmielou said...

Jo, you crack me up. So, I guess I'll have to do my baby shower invites in it huh? K, really of coarse I know that, but I said I couldn't wait to see your face because you like girl babies better, haha. I could picture it in my head. Don't worry though my little man will be so cute you won't care. Love ya