Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I Normally Feel Like This


Sike. I'm UNEMPLOYED.

1 comment:

Kyle In Real Life said...

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I wonder how many of those are staged? I'd like to think... NONE.

When I used to work for JPMorgan Chase, it was the very definition of a monotanous job, the type that drives people to do the things in that video. So one time one of our printers went down for like 2 days straight. Now this wouldn't normally be crisis-worthy in an office situation, but we printed and shipped all of the loan documents for EVERY SINGLE home equity product (loans, lines of credit, modifications, consolidation modifications, etc)that Chase had in the entire country. Needless to say, we need all printers running at all times.

Anyway, so our less-than-awesome tech guy "fixed" it like 3 different times, only to have it quit again within the first print job. This isn't because he's not capable of fixing it, it's because if he actually took the time to do it right, it would cut into his 47 smoke breaks a day. So when my manager tried POLITELY to get him to fix it the 4th time, he goes, "What do you want me to do? I don't know what's wrong with it." (B.S. "I don't know what's wrong with it" was his answer whenever he didn't WANT to do something.)

So my boss, who is 5 feet 2 inches of cute-lady-who-grew-up-playing-hockey-in-Minnesota-and-will-stab-you-with-an-ice-pick-if-you-cross-her, turns around and punches the display on the printer like 5 times as hard as she could, then turns to the tech guy and goes, "Well you can start THERE. Now FIX IT!"

I haven't been that close to peeing all over myself since I was like 5!

Wow. That was a long comment. Sorry. Hope you enjoy!