Out of respect and admiration for my dearest cousin Jenna Toronto Rammell, I have decided to treat my fan base of approximately three readers, to a brand new post! Actually, today is a very special day as it is the birthday of my brother, Adam Toronto. I would like to just bore everyone for a moment with a favorite memory from my childhood with Adam.
Precocious, indigenous, and utterly abstract, Adam and I used to collect a farrago of trash assortments. No really- migrating from one room to another, we would crawl to each trash can in our house and hoard away several different treasures from each basket. Then, without really knowing why, we would tuck our newly gathered waste into our shirts, handling them the way a hen handles her baby chicks, and begin our sojourn to Jesse's room. On our hands and knees, careful to not let any of our waste spill out, we would ritualistically chant, "Litter bugs, litter bugs, litter bugs...". Like insects on all fours, we would somehow fester our way into his room. A look of anger would fill his eyes just as quickly as surges of excitement and sheer trepidation would wield through our veins. Knowing that we were about to get our lives handed to us never stopped us from throwing our troves of filthy oddities at him while simultaneously crooning our anthem, "Litter bugs, litter bugs...". Instead of standing up and running away like any other self-respecting criminal would do, we refused to surrender our insect like characteristics, and would try to escape the fury of Jesse (approximately 16 times my size and 8 times Adam's) by squirming away as quickly as our elbows could drag us. It did not take long for Jesse to catch up with us but, for fear of sounding too morose, I will let the reader contrive their own ending from here. Keep in mind, Adam and I usually practiced this ordinance at least twice a week.
I love you Adam. I wish it was still okay for people to throw trash at other people- maybe for us it still is. Next time we are in New York City together, we should give it a go. New Yorkers wouldn't notice a difference anyway. Happy Birthday.
P.s. I realize this is a decade or two overdue, but sorry Jesse?
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
i love it! tell the trash digger i said happy birthday! miss you so much jo!
oh i'm so pleased.
Love the new post...keep them coming :)
Finally, a new post. I pretty much gave up wondering when there would be a new one. I miss the crap out of you by the way and you need to come visit me again. Tell Adam Happy B.day and to stop getting so old, haha.
Okay, I am totally addicted to the decor8 blog now. I blame it all on you. =) Such cute stuff and fun links to go to.
It's all quite disgusting and I feel so bad for him. No thanks on the drugs I still have all my pain killers here plus they gave him some narcotics. You are the best though. I miss you tons. I feel like I need to be updated on your life. How is Utah going. I hear you went down to Mesa not to long ago. How is school going and what's the latest with all the many boys who are in love with Mrs. Jo but won't get the time of day. I mean why should they you are just too perfect I don't know how we are ever going to find someone I think is worthy of dating you. haha seriously I love ya girl and hope you and the fam are doing good.
hahahahahahahaha. that was the best post i've read all day jo! a bit late...but i loved it. please, post some more! i could read your writing all day long!
JO!! I miss you I gave up on your blog but am really glad I checked it randomly! anyways I am bummed that you never came to see me when you were in town but hopefully you will be back soon! please keep posting so I can here about what goes on there in good ol Utah!
Post a Comment