Thursday, January 8, 2009

My Non-Resolutions

I don't make New Year's resolutions mainly because I can never keep them, and I can't think of a more horrid way to start a new year than to start it by failing at something from the get go. But this is not to say that I don't have long term goals, or that I don't look back on 2008 and make a mental note of things I would have done differently, ie: hanging a mosquito net above my bed in Africa. Anyway, here is a visual representation of my non-resolutions, completely unrelated to 2009.

Learn how to cook something- salad doesn't count.

Read more.

I'm not really sure; I just like the lanterns.

Sleep more.

Look up more when I walk. I always look down towards my feet and I trip on things.
This is a ceiling inside of a mosque in Cordoba, Spain.

Go to India some day before I die, sit in these chairs, and marry the lead actor on "Slumdog Millionaire".


Calligraphy. Yes I want to learn calligraphy... and short hand so I can read my grandma's journals. This is Arabic calligraphy above; however, I am not sure which script it is exactly though.

**Photo credits: I don't remember where I got them all from. Most likely from these places:
Swiss Miss, An Indian Summer, Rang Decor, and Desire to Inspire.

4 comments:

Leah Fitts said...

nice jo i want to go with to india

Joanna said...

Girl, I wouldn't go without you.

☂niki. said...

i was completely visually stimulated. thank you.

i heard that slumdog movie was amazing.

you really do need to check freddy out. you can borrow my cd if you'd like.

Anonymous said...

I was going to buy you a calligraphy set at B&N for christmas but I thought it might not be the best quality being $10. As far as India is concerned... Garys' co-pilot lived there for a year and says its horrible. He said Cambodia, Thialand, Vietnam and somewhere else is where its at.